Our Mission Statement
The Harvard Gender and Sexuality Caucus was created to organize, serve and advocate for Harvard's bisexual, gay, lesbian, trans and queer (BGLTQ) community.
We maintain and support a network of alumni/ae, faculty, staff and students of Harvard University both locally in Boston and Cambridge, and around the world in our local chapters. It is our mission to:
- develop a sense of community and offer networking opportunities, through social events, a newsletter, and an online membership site;
- advocate for a non-discriminatory and diverse working, living and academic environment at Harvard;
- sponsor or support educational and cultural programs for members, students and others;
- support the academic study of BGLTQ issues throughout Harvard;
- advocate, and urge Harvard to advocate, for issues of importance to the larger BGLTQ community; and
- support and help coordinate autonomous groups within Harvard's BGLTQ community.