The Open Gate Foundation
In 1987 members of the Harvard Gay & Lesbian Caucus (now the Harvard Gender & Sexuality Caucus) established a private charitable foundation, The Open Gate: a Fund for Gay and Lesbian Life at Harvard University. The Open Gate has tax-exempt status and all contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The generosity of Caucus members has enabled The Open Gate to provide funding for a variety of activities and events, among them:
- The Resource Center for Queer Students and Allies (QSA, formerly BGLTSA)
- Symposia on such topics as marriage equality, the biological basis of sexual orientation, and religion and sexual orientation
- Film series illuminating sexual orientation and its cultural context
- Performances, exhibits, and publications
- Student and faculty research projects
The Open Gate is continuing to fund a variety of projects at Harvard initiated by GLBT students, faculty, or organizations.
Apply for a Grant
The Open Gate offers guidelines that explain How to Apply for Grants .
Donate By Mail
The continued work of The Open Gate depends on your generosity. Please send your contribution to:
The Open Gate
One Corliss Place
Cambridge , MA 02139
Contributors of $100 or more receive membership in the Caucus, including the Newsletter and the Gay and Lesbian Review .
You may also donate online by using PayPal.
To communicate with The Open Gate, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations to the Harvard Gender & Sexuality Caucus itself can be made at hgsc.sigs.harvard.edu/donate but it is important to understand that donations made to HGSC are not tax deductible, because HGSC is a 501(c)(4) not-for-profit social welfare organization.